Have you already made a choice in favour of the Liqui Moly Oil? In this article we’ve chosen the most popular Liqui Moly oils for you and looked at how to choose the right oil for your car.
Liqui Moly Special Tec AA 0W-20
Liqui Moly Special Tec AA 0W-20
- SAE: 0w-20
- API: SP
- ILSAC: GF-6A
- Chrysler MS-6395
- Ford WSS-M2C 947-A, WSS-M2C 947-B1
- GM 6094 M, GM dexos1 Gen 2
We may earn a commission if you make a purchase of a product through one of our links at no additional cost to you.
The Best Liqui Moly Motor Oils
The most popular Liqui Moly motor oils are 0W-20, 5W-20, and 5W-30 viscosity oils with API specifications: SM, SN, SP. Such Liqui Moly oil is suitable for most engines of modern cars of the inhabitants of the USA. We have made our list of the 5 most popular Liqui Moly oils.
Liqui Moly Synthetic Motor Oil
Liqui Moly engine oil provides lubrication to all moving internal engine parts, covering them with a protective film, protecting engine parts from dirt, harmful deposits, and corrosion. We’ve created this Liqui Moly oil guide to help you choose the right engine oil for your vehicle.
Top 5 Liqui Moly Motor Oils
Liqui Moly Special Tec AA 0W-20
For gasoline engines where a motor oil according to current specifications is required or recommended. Tested safe with catalytic converters and turbochargers.
Chrysler MS-6395, Ford WSS-M2C 947-A, Ford WSS-M2C 947-B1, GM 6094 M, GM dexos1 Gen 2
Liqui Moly Special Tec AA 5W-20
Modern low-friction premium class engine oil especially for all-season use in Asian and American vehicles.
WSS-M2C 945-A, WSS-M2C 930-A ,WSS-M2C 925-A, MS-6395
Liqui Moly Top Tec 4200 5W-30
Modern all-season synthetic automotive engine oil for petrol and diesel cars, also suitable for cars equipped with a particulate filter in accordance with Euro 4 standards and extended service intervals.
BMW Longlife-04, MB 229.31, MB 229.51, Porsche C30, VW 504 00 / 507 00, Fiat 9.55535-S1, Fiat 9.55535-S3
Liqui Moly Longtime High Tech 5W-30
High-quality, low-friction automotive engine oil for year-round use, using synthetic technology and the latest additive technology.
BMW Longlife-04, MB 229.51, MB 229.31, VW 505 00 / 505 01, Fiat 9.55535-S3, Ford WSS-M2C 917-A
Liqui Moly Molygen 5W-40
Automotive engine oil reliably prevents the formation of deposits, significantly saves fuel, and increases engine life.
BMW Longlife-01, Fiat 9.55535-H2, 9.55535-N2, 9.55535-Z2, MB 229.5, Opel GM-LL-B-025, Porsche A40, Renault RN 0700, RN 0710, VW 502 00
All our reviews are based only on expert assessments or practical experience with most of the oils we consider. We aim to ensure that our management is independent.
Which Liqui Moly oil should I choose for my car?
- Choose Liqui Moly oil according to the manufacturer’s recommendations (must be listed in your vehicle’s service book)
- Use the Liqui Moly oil that is already in your vehicle’s engine (this information must be in the service book)
- Choose oil according to the recommendations of the Liqui Moly manufacturer by selecting the make of vehicle on this site
About Liqui Moly Oil
Liqui Moly Top Tec, Liqui Moly Special Tec, Liqui Moly Molygen
How to choose Liqui Moly engine oil:
In order to choose the right engine oil for your car, you need to study the manual of your car and find in it the requirements for the applied engine oil. Pay attention to the viscosity, specifications, and tolerances of car manufacturers.
For each engine oil in this article, we have indicated the specifications and tolerances of car manufacturers, thanks to which it will be very easy to choose an oil for your car.
If the information on tolerances or specifications is not available to you for some reason, select the oil selection menu by car make and model. We have selected the best motor oils for all popular cars.
Liqui Moly engine oil types:
There are three main types of motor oil: mineral, semi-synthetic, and fully synthetic oils.
- Mineral oil is the least refined type of motor oil, which provides the least engine protection, is less productive, and less economical.
- This means that such oils cost much less than other types of oil.
- Semi-synthetic oils are a mixture of synthetic and mineral oils that provide more performance than mineral oils, but cost much less than synthetic oils.
- Fully synthetic oil is the most refined type of oil and at the same time the most expensive type of motor oil. Synthetic motor oils provide maximum protection and economy for a car’s engine.
Engine oil viscosity:
The viscosity grade of engine oil is determined by the requirements of the international SAE standard. For each type of engine, you must use oil with the optimum viscosity, which depends on the design and age of the engine, its mode of operation, and ambient temperature.
- The first number before the letter “W” indicates the oil’s viscosity at low temperatures. The lower the number, the more fluid the oil is, and the better it flows at low starting temperatures.
- The second number refers to the flowability of the oil at high temperatures. This oil is thicker and better suited to protect the engine at high temperatures.
Engine designs are designed for medium and low viscosity oils. For new engine types, 0W-20, 0W-30 and 0W-40 oils are recommended. As the engine ages, the choice of oil shifts toward a higher viscosity. The most popular oil types are 5W-30 and 5W-40. For worn engines, 10W-40 and 15W-40 oils are used, depending on weather conditions and operating conditions.
- Low viscosity oils: 0W-20, 0W-30, 5W-20, 5W-30 are optimal for new engines with minimal clearances in the friction pairs.
- Medium viscosity oils: SAE 0W-40, 5W-40, 10W-40 are used for conventional engines, depending on the temperature conditions.
- High viscosity oils: 5W-50, 10W-50, 10W-60, 15W-50 are recommended for heavy-duty engines.
Engine oil standards:
- The American API standards provide for two groups of classes for vehicles: S for gasoline engines, C for diesel engines (API: SA, SB, SC, SD, SE, SF, SG, SH, SJ, SL, SM, SN, SN Plus, SA, CB, CC, CD, CD, CE, CF, CF-4, CF-2, CG-4, CH-4, CI-4, CI-4 Plus, CJ-4).
- The European ACEA standard uses four groups: A for gasoline engines, B for diesel engines, C for engines with catalytic converters, and E for heavy diesel engines. ACEA: A1, A2, A3, A5, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, C1, C2, C3, E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7.
- Asian ILSAC standards: GF-1, GF-2, GF-3, GF-4, GF-5, IGF-6 define quality standards of oil for gasoline engines of passenger cars.
The best motor oil brand:
Oilap information magazine
We conduct product comparison tests, choose the best for you to make the choice of oils and lubricants as easy and convenient as possible.
We study customer experience, product reviews, choose what you are most interested in for the test.
We test the motor oil, determine how its characteristics correspond to the manufacturer’s information.
Prepare for your guides with product reviews, to make choosing engine oil easier.